Welcome to my world,it's the best world ever..........

I am a garage sale jigsaw puzzle;challenging,complex,frustrating and yeah,there's pieces missing.I'm good for a rant.I am not a writer.I'm quick to anger.I love selfishly.Despite my lack of education,I think I know everything.I have two lists in life;people I adore and trash.If you want deep thoughts and answers to life's mysteries.......................scroll to the next blog.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Perfect Angel

My daughter is asleep;perfect and innocent rest.Guiltless and without sin,she is unaware and unafraid of the world around her.She cannot conceive of anything but the very best in people.She doesn't see color,wealth,status or creed.She doesn't know the difference between incidental and malicious.She understands the basic concept of greed,but not how it consumes you.She believes in a God ready,at any time,to protect the good and smite the bad.She knows no wrong.
My child would swear that the people she loves are flawless.She would contend that her father is perfect.A child's judgement,without life's experience to draw from.All smoke and mirrors,the view from an idealist looking through tinted glass.An uneducated guess.............and so very wrong.
I know that it's selfish and small,as well as a product of my insecurities,but ...I dread the day that she realizes the full extent of my shortcomings.She's six,it won't be long.Until then,I'll love the fact that she's wrong.I'll rejoice in being the apple of her eye.I've no regrets about misleading her in regards to my uber-intellect.Who am I to tell her that I make errors in judgement(every day)?If she thinks I'm sweet............who am I to argue?
I guess the point is;enjoy today,cuz(like my angel),it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment